Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jason's 11 zone @sonos. This system would cost $100k 10 years ago. W/Sonos? ~$5k

Sonos is the greatest thing you can add to your home to automate it I'm convinced. I spent about $5,000 on 11 Sonos units and a $12 Rhapsody and $15 Sirius Account and I can listen to any music in the world (literally, you can tune into radio stations in Tokyo or Paris!) in any room in my home... or combination of rooms. I can feed my TV or either of two Mac Mini's into the system as well. So, if I'm watching the Knicks game I can send the audio from the TV to the kitchen and my office so I don't miss anything. 

The best part is the Sonos system runs on a wifi-like network so there is ZERO cabling to be done. You simply plug in a Sonos S5--basically the same as a Bose Wave Radio--and you're done. You can put these in every room for $400 and do five rooms in your house for $2,000.... less than the cost of running the cables. 

I can't wait for Spotify to hook their service up to Sonos... then it's game over. You'll never buy a CD again, and you'll have access to every CD on the planet. Win! 

Jason on Twitter Mahalo.com This Week in Startups

No comments:

Post a Comment