Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No, I'm not stepping down as CEO of Mahalo (duh?).

Now three journalists/bloggers have contacted me asking if I'm stepping down as CEO of Mahalo. Someone must be looking to stir the pot I guess.

My official response: 

Exit Mahalo?! That is absurd, as we are crushing it and firing on all cylinders.

I've never been more excited about Mahalo! Perhaps this rumor started because I've been interviewing folks for a President/COO slot to help us keep up with the growth.

I am NOT giving up my CEO slot EVER. I have a Steve Jobs/Larry Ellison approach to these things: I'm in charge. Forever. End of discussion.

Our virtual currency is making the site wildly addictive to growing base of contributors that will enable us to build the largest knowledge (aka content) site in the world that combines: Wikipedia/About.com, Yahoo Answers and Google Search/Delicious/StumbleUpon. No one has ever figured out how to blend those three types of services--content, Q&A and curated search--into one product. We are very close to figuring it out.

When we figure it out we will have something really special that folks will call Wikipedia 2.0, Yahoo+About or maybe what Google would build if they owned Yahoo Answers and Wikipedia. Something like that. :-)

Example: 

This simple question will wind up making the asker M$100 (US$75) and the person answering it M$200 (US$150).
http://www.mahalo.com/answers/fashion/is-there-any-uk-equivalent-to-snorg-tees
http://www.mahalo.com/payments/adsense/question/is-there-any-uk-equivalent-to-snorg-tees/answerer

So, think about the addictive nature of Farmville layered on top of Yahoo Answers... kind of cool huh? 

That is all. :-) 

Jason on Twitter Mahalo.com This Week in Startups

No comments:

Post a Comment